Australian places and activities of interest to independent, active, over-50 travellers who want to get away from the major cities, and prefer not to take a packaged tour. Answers to travel-related questions. We are not travel agents (so we can’t take your bookings)—we are independent reviewers!
- Photo album of first part of our trip to Norway and Svalbard: Oslo, 2016.
Part 2 album: Train from Oslo to Bergen, plus exploring Bergen and area.
- Photo album of our trip to the Canadian Arctic and Greenland, August 2015.
- Photo album of our trip to Mornington Wildlife Sanctuary, The Kimberley, July 2014.
- Photo album from Jean’s trip to British Columbia and SE Alaska, May 2014, on the Lindblad National Geographic Sea Lion. Itinerary.
- Photo album from our train trips on the Indian Pacific and The Ghan, January 2013; includes Darwin.
- Photos albums from our trip to Europe, September-October 2012: Copenhagen; Amsterdam; Rhine castles; Cologne; Main River, WÃ¼rzburg, other towns; Nuremberg; Continental divide & Regensburg; towns along the Danube; Vienna; Budapest; Prague; Berlin.
- Photo album from Jean’s trip to the Ross Sea, Antarctica, January-February 2012.
- Photo albums from our July 2011 trip to the Kimberley (including Mornington Wildlife Sanctuary, Mitchell Plateau and Falls, Home Valley Station, El Questro, Kununurra and Lake Argyle, Purnululu (Bungle Bungles), and places in between), with Outback Spirit Tours; commentary starts here
- Photo albums from our June 2011 trip to South Australia with Outback Spirit Tours, featuring Flinders Ranges, Lake Eyre, and Kalamurina Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Photo albums from our trip on the Trans-Siberian Express, August 2010; commentary starts here
- Photo album from our July 2010 trip to Broken Hill, Innaminka, Coober Pedy, Alice Springs, and places in between, with Outback Spirit Tours; commentary starts here
- Our May 2010 road trip through parts of northern Queensland, Northern Territory, and Western Australia starts here. Photo albums start here.
- Our trip to Tasmania, February 2010
- Jean’s trip to Venezuela and Peru, July 2009
- Our New Zealand trip, February 2009
- Jean’s trip to Europe, September 2006 – photos, mostly unlabelled, plus commentary
- Jean’s 2006 Kimberley Coast trip, Broome to Darwin
- Our 2005 outback trip, by air
- Our 2004 around-Australia road trip
- Our 2003 outback trip, by air
- Gulf of Carpentaria and northern parts of the Northern Territory, 2002
- Outback Queensland and Lake Eyre, South Australia, 2001
- Outback Queensland, continued here, and on to the eastern Gulf of Carpentaria (Normanton, Karumba) and Undara lava tubes, 2000
- Cairns, Cooktown and Atherton Tablelands, North Queensland, 1999
- Coast drive from Sydney to Brisbane and Brisbane to Airlie Beach, 1998